By Sylvain Ratabouil
Become aware of the local facet of Android and inject the ability of C/C++ on your applications
* Create excessive functionality purposes with C/C++ and combine with Java
* take advantage of complex Android good points akin to portraits, sound, enter and sensing
* Port and reuse your personal or third-party libraries from the prolific C/C++ ecosystem
Android NDK is all approximately injecting excessive functionality into your apps. make the most the utmost energy of those cellular units utilizing high-performance and conveyable code.
This booklet will help you create C/C++ enabled functions and combine them with Java. you are going to how one can entry local API and port libraries utilized in essentially the most winning Android applications.
Using this useful step by step instructional, highlighted with reviews and tips, realize easy methods to run C/C++ code embedded in a Java software or in a standalone program. you are going to create a true local software ranging from venture construction via to complete implementation of local API and the porting of present third-party libraries. you'll find OpenGL ES and OpenSL ES, that are turning into the hot general in mobility. additionally, you will know the way to entry keyboard and enter peripherals and the way to learn accelerometer or orientation sensors. eventually, you'll dive into extra complicated subject matters comparable to debugging and ARM assembler directions. via the top of the ebook, you need to recognize the most important components to show you how to commence exploiting the facility and portability of local code.
What you are going to study from this book
* leap within the beginning block and create your first Android local projec
* converse with Java via Java local Interfaces
* show 2nd and 3D snap shots with OpenGL ES
* Play sound and track with OpenSL ES
* deal with Android enter and sensors
* Debug functions and notice complicated ARM instructions
* Port latest C/C++ code to Android
* mix images, sound, enter, sensors and physics on your application
This beginner's advisor makes a speciality of getting you thru all of the significant studying issues in a gentle, logical order. You'll additionally see the best way to keep away from a few universal pitfalls.
Who this publication is written for
Are you an Android Java programmer who wishes extra functionality? Are you a C/C++ developer who doesn't are looking to trouble with Java stuff and its out-of-control rubbish collector? do you need to create quickly in depth multimedia purposes or video games? solution sure to any of the above and this publication is for you. With a few basic wisdom of C/C++ improvement, it is possible for you to to dive head first into local Android development.