By Theodore X. O'Connell
In case you know the entire options in Crush Step 1: the last word USMLE Step 1 Review, you might want to do far better than pass USMLE Step 1: you might want to Crush it! Led by means of Theodore X. O'Connell, MD, the writer of the best-selling USMLE Step 2 Secrets and Brochert's weigh down Step 2, this centred, high-yield evaluate of middle content material and attempt prep suggestions is the best USMLE Step 1 education available for this high-stakes examination. Written and reviewed by means of scholars, citizens, and specialists, Crush Step 1 is the source you want to rating high!
- Focus on crucial ideas and grasp them efficiently with up to date, easy-to-read, high-yield assurance of all the fabric validated at the exam.
- Ensure your comprehension with USMLE Step 1 perform questions following key sections in addition to rapid-review high-yield boxes.
- Learn the right way to research for USMLE Step 1 with a extra strategic approach via a distinct specialize in determining and figuring out query stems rather than memorizing buzz words.
- Spend extra time learning and not more time searching due to a well-written, simply obtainable technique, with lots of important lists and tables to spotlight high-yield data.
- Depend at the relevance and accuracy of the content because of oversight through authors who scored in the 99th percentile at the USMLE Step 1 examination and assessment forums made from scholars, citizens, and faculty.
Read or Download Crush Step 1: The Ultimate USMLE Step 1 Review, 1e PDF
Similar education & training books
All through seven previous variants, “CTP” has outlined the sector of psychiatry. each variation has garnered accolades from the top degrees of psychiatry, and tested the textual content because the authoritative textual content for the area of expertise. conscientiously edited to incorporate definitions and diagnostic standards of psychological issues utilized in ICD-10 and the DSM-IV-TR, the 8th variation good points nearly 450 members and part editors.
Thoroughly up-to-date in a brand new variation, this publication offers a glance on the program of the Neuman platforms version in nursing schooling and perform, with emphasis on social switch, present tendencies, and destiny nursing wishes. It comprises particular guidance for delivering holistic structures dependent standpoint for optimum purchaser method care.
This precise e-book represents one other concerted learn attempt referring to chinese language arithmetic schooling, with contributions from the world's best students and so much energetic researchers. The e-book offers the most recent unique study paintings with a selected specialize in the "teaching" part of chinese language arithmetic schooling to a large overseas viewers.
The writer argues for the profound significance of trusting the subconscious psyche in healing paintings with adults. She considers quite a few analytical meanings of the time period "the self", just about quite a lot of theorists, and diverse methods of puzzling over the improvement of the ego. a part of the Society of Analytical Psychology Monograph sequence, aimed basically at trainees on psychotherapy and psychodynamic counselling classes.
- Understanding Medical Education: Evidence,Theory and Practice
- Patient Treatment Adherence: Concepts, Interventions, And Measurement
- Textbook in Psychiatric Epidemiology, Second Edition
- Cheating in School: What We Know and What We Can Do
- Reflective Teaching & Learning in the Health Professions: Action Research in Professional Education
Additional resources for Crush Step 1: The Ultimate USMLE Step 1 Review, 1e
This is the rate-limiting step of heme synthesis. Hepatic ALA synthase is inhibited by hemin, a protein that forms from heme when porphyrin production is higher than globin production. However, erythropoietic heme synthesis is instead controlled by erythropoietin and iron levels. ❍ When drugs that are metabolized by the cytochrome P-450 system are metabolized, there is increased production of cytochrome P-450 enzymes and a decrease in the heme concentration in the liver. This causes upregulation of ALA synthase production and activity.
Figure 2-12 depicts the synthetic pathway of the catecholamines dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine from tyrosine. This synthetic pathway occurs primarily in the CNS, peripheral ganglia, and the adrenal medulla. First, tyrosine is hydroxylated by tyrosine hydroxylase into dopa, a reaction that requires tetrahydrobiopterin (BH4). Second, dopa is decarboxylated, forming dopamine. Dopamine levels are reduced in Parkinson disease; one treatment for Parkinson disease is l-dopa, the precursor to dopamine.
It begins with transcription in the nucleus of a fibroblast or related cell. mRNA is translated into preprocollagen on the rough endoplasmic reticulum (RER), and these peptide chains are directed into the lumen of the RER and become pro-α-chains. Proline and lysine residues are next hydroxylated by prolyl hydroxylase and lysyl hydroxylase. Some hydroxylysine residues are glycosylated with glucose and galactose. Pro-α-chains form procollagen, which has a central triple helix with N- and C-terminal propeptide extensions; these prevent premature assembly of collagen within the endoplasmic reticulum.
Crush Step 1: The Ultimate USMLE Step 1 Review, 1e by Theodore X. O'Connell