By Richard Hightower
* The respectable consultant to Resin, approved by way of the corporate that invented the product, Caucho know-how * deals a accomplished instructional and reference on tips on how to use all flavors of Resin, together with the elemental Resin server, Resin-CMP, and Resin-Enterprise * Demonstrates the right way to construct company Java functions, optimize functionality, and use different instruments with Resin * Illustrates tips on how to configure Resin for varied advertisement and open resource systems, retain excessive availability of the server, and use all the complex gains * significant other site contains updates at the know-how and hyperlinks to priceless assets and instruments
Read Online or Download Mastering Resin PDF
Best java books
The Spring Framework 2. five liberate displays the cutting-edge in either the Spring Framework and company Java frameworks as an entire. A guidebook to this severe software is important examining for any conscientious Java developer. — Rob Harrop, writer of professional Spring The circulate from so–called heavyweight architectures, akin to company JavaBeans, towards light-weight frameworks, like Spring, has no longer stopped on the grounds that seasoned Spring was once released by means of Rob Harrop and Jan Machacek in 2005; actually, it’s picked up velocity.
The open resource agile light-weight Spring (meta) Framework 2. five is by way of a long way the top leading edge strength and “lightning rod” that’s using today’s Java undefined. Spring has time and time back confirmed itself in real-world hugely scalable firm settings comparable to banks and different monetary associations.
Restlet in motion will get you all started with the Restlet Framework and the remaining structure sort. Youll create and install functions in checklist time whereas studying to exploit renowned RESTful internet APIs successfully. This booklet seems on the many elements of internet improvement, on either the server and shopper aspect, in addition to cloud computing, cellular Android units, and Semantic net purposes.
- JavaMail API: Sending and Receiving Email with Java
- Java Threads and the Concurrency Utilities
- Java Garage
- Java 2: The complete reference
- Regular Expression Pocket Reference: Regular Expressions for Perl, Ruby, PHP, Python, C, Java and .NET (2nd Edition)
Extra resources for Mastering Resin
The code within init() is responsible for creating the connection to the database. conf file with a key of jdbc/test. The servlet doesn't really care about the underlying database as long as it successfully obtains a connection. Once the connection has been established, the code will use the username and password passed through the HttpServletRequest object from the HTML form. The servlet pulls information about the user from a database table called acc_acc, returned in a ResultSet object and displayed to the user through the Response object.
Chapter 4: Using Servlets and Resin 53 54 Chapter 4: Using Servlets and Resin Within the doGet() method, the Response object is set up for an HTML MIME type and the PrintWriter is obtained. Next, the method returns the username and password to the user. In order to get the values entered on the form, the getParameter(String) method associated with the HttpServletRequest object must be used. The getParameter(String) method takes as a single parameter the name of the tag used in the form that initially called the servlet.
First, let's build the HTML page. html and place it in a directory called hello under the /doc directory of the Resin installation. html file are as follows:Hello, World! html This URL assumes you are executing Resin on your local machine. If you are running Resin on another machine, replace the localhost with an IP address. Once you browse to this above URL, you'll see the words Hello, World! displayed on your screen. jsp. jsp. Did you see any differences in the output? How about the response time?
Mastering Resin by Richard Hightower