By K.K. Unger (Eds.)
Read Online or Download Porous Silica PDF
Similar analytic books
This sequence of laboratory handbooks offers a wealth of expertise and functional suggestion to the experimentalist. From studies on 'Thin-Layer Chromatography: Reagents and Detection equipment, quantity 1a': 'This booklet kinds a part of what's going to. .. be probably the most very important contributions to the literature of skinny layer chromatography.
The topic of Thermal research is defined beginning with its theories(thermodynamics, irreversible thermodynamics, and kinetics) and protecting the 5 easy recommendations: thermometry, differential thermal research, calorimetry, thermomechanical research and dilatometry, and thermogravimetry. The publication is designed for the senior undergraduate or starting graduate pupil, in addition to for the researcher and instructor attracted to this interesting box.
Time is a vital think about actual and common sciences. It characterizes the growth of chemical and biochemical tactics. Mass spectrometry presents the potential to review molecular buildings by means of detecting gas-phase ions with the original mass-to-charge ratios. Time-resolved mass spectrometry (TRMS) permits one to distinguish among chemical states that may be saw sequentially at assorted time issues.
- Adsorptive Removal of Heavy Metals from Groundwater by Iron Oxide Based Adsorbents
- Practical HPLC Method Development
- Advances in atomic spectroscopy. / Volume 2
- Techniques and Practice of Chromatography (Chromatographic Science)
- Magnetic resonance in food science : defining food by magnetic resonance
Extra resources for Porous Silica
35. For n = 1 , eqn. 4 reduces to which is equivalent to the equation of the Langmuir isotherm. In other words, the threeparameter BET equation gives results that agree, at n = 1 , with those obtained by means of the Langmuir equation. The objective of the BET theory is to evaluate X m , the monolayer capacity, from the multilayer region of the sorption isotherm. As eqns. 6 give linear plots, X m can be easily calculated from the slopes and the intercepts of the straight lines. The quantity n in eqn.
36) (nm) = SBET Again, it is assumed that the pores are cylindrically shaped. Fig. 8 shows a plot of DWh versus D , obtained from nitrogen sorption data applying the Pierce method. The samples were mesoporous silicas. It can be seen that &h is mostly greater than D and hence the Wheeler equation gives only rough information about the order of magnitude of D . When comparing pore distributions obtained by different methods, the AVp/AD and A S / A D values, respectively, should be equal for both distributions.
On the purely mesoporous silica, a multilayer of adsorbate is formed, increasing the relative pressure. 4, capillary condensation takes place on the multilayer, which results in a further increase in X,. The 20 horizontal branch at higher p / p o indicates that all mesopores are filled with liquid adsorbate. 4b, the desorption branch does not follow the adsorption branch, but gives a distinct hysteresis loop, which is reproducible. The hysteresis can be explained by a different filling mechanism of the mesopores by means of capillary condensation, depending on the pore shape [1,2].
Porous Silica by K.K. Unger (Eds.)