By Allen J. Bard, Michael V. Mirkin
Because of its simplicity of use and quantitative effects, Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy (SECM) has develop into an essential instrument for the learn of floor reactivity. the short enlargement of the SECM box over the past a number of years has been fueled via the creation of latest probes, commercially on hand instrumentation, and new sensible purposes. Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy, moment Edition deals crucial historical past and in-depth overviews of particular functions in self-contained chapters.
Recent methodological advances have significantly elevated the capability of SECM to represent interfaces on the nanoscale and to acquire molecular-level chemical info. This completely up-to-date version keeps unique chapters describing the foundations of SECM measurements, instrumentation, education of SECM probes, imaging methodologies, and conception and offers:
- New chapters on stories of unmarried organic cells, corrosion, electrocatalysis, and hybrid thoughts
- Descriptions of modern advances of SECM in numerous components of present curiosity: biotechnological functions, nanofabrication and floor patterning, and molecular shipping throughout movies and membranes
- Discussion of the continuing shift from micrometer-scale experiments to the nanoscale
Useful for a extensive variety of interdisciplinary research―from organic structures to probing reactions on the liquid–liquid interface―this ebook is valuable to all attracted to studying and utilising SECM.
Read or Download Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy, Second Edition PDF
Similar analytic books
This sequence of laboratory handbooks offers a wealth of expertise and sensible recommendation to the experimentalist. From experiences on 'Thin-Layer Chromatography: Reagents and Detection equipment, quantity 1a': 'This publication varieties a part of what is going to. .. be some of the most very important contributions to the literature of skinny layer chromatography.
The topic of Thermal research is defined beginning with its theories(thermodynamics, irreversible thermodynamics, and kinetics) and overlaying the 5 simple thoughts: thermometry, differential thermal research, calorimetry, thermomechanical research and dilatometry, and thermogravimetry. The booklet is designed for the senior undergraduate or starting graduate scholar, in addition to for the researcher and instructor drawn to this interesting box.
Time is a crucial think about actual and ordinary sciences. It characterizes the development of chemical and biochemical procedures. Mass spectrometry offers the potential to check molecular buildings through detecting gas-phase ions with the original mass-to-charge ratios. Time-resolved mass spectrometry (TRMS) permits one to tell apart among chemical states that may be saw sequentially at assorted time issues.
- Separation Processes in the Food and Biotechnology Industries
- Environmental Applications of Nanoscale and Microscale Reactive Metal Particles
- Chromatography concepts & contrasts
- Lipid Oxidation, Second Edition
Additional resources for Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy, Second Edition
At a scan rate of 20 mV/s, the voltammogram is well shaped with a flat plateau. At a higher scan rate, for example, 2 V/s, no peaks characteristic for nonsteady-state diffusion could be detected, and the limiting current plateau remained flat. This indicates that the size of the electrode is significantly smaller than 1 μm. A modest contribution of the charging current to the total current was consistent with the apparent radius of about 100 nm. The response of a smaller tip (radius ca. 1B) is in good agreement with the theory (thin line).
This ideal behavior was maintained even at high scan rates (up to 10 V/s), especially in nonaqueous solvents. 5 Schematic diagram for the preparation of the self-assembled spherical gold microelectrodes. , Fabrication and characterization of self-assembled spherical gold ultramicroelectrodes, Anal. , 69, 2323–2328, 1997. ) 35 25 30 Current (nA) 15 20 15 10 10 5 5 0 0 5 Current (nA) 20 25 E (V vs. SCE) E (V vs. 6 Cyclic voltammogram of a self-assembled spherical gold microelectrode. 5 mM aqueous solution of hexaamineruthenium(III) chloride and 1 M KCl electrolyte.
19. Ion-selective potentiometric microscopy, Anal. Chem. 1993, 65, 1213–1224. 5. , Bard, A. , Tóth, K. Scanning electrochemical microscopy. 28. Ion-selective neutral carrier-based microelectrode potentiometry, Anal. Chem. 1995, 67, 1346–1356. 6. Horrocks, B. , Bard, A. J. Scanning electrochemical microscopy. 24. Enzyme ultramicroelectrodes for the measurement of hydrogen peroxide at surfaces, Anal. Chem. 1993, 65, 3605–3614. 7. , Wipf, D. Impedance feedback control for scanning electrochemical microscopy, Anal.
Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy, Second Edition by Allen J. Bard, Michael V. Mirkin